This post is a long time coming...
As you can probably tell from my Instagram, I am HUGELY obsessed with Trader Joe's. When I was a kid, going to Trader Joe's was a treat. Literally, because the free samples usually include things like cookie butter cheesecake (seriously what is that witchcraft) but also because the closest Trader Joe's is an hour from my childhood home. My mom would always let me pick out ONE delicious thing to snack on and Trader Joe's became the magical place it is today. Since going to school in New York and now living on my own, I am lucky to live within 10 MINUTES of a Trader Joe's and have now built up a repitoire of my favs. Granted, I did not post ALL of them (because some of the stuff I wanted to show you was out of stock), but that just means we can continue the fun!
Now let's get started!
Just as a quick note, I chose not to include recommendations of Trader Joe's produce. While I do buy a bag of their kale EVERY TIME I go, I prefer to grab my produce from farmer's markets and such. If you want me to include my produce recommendations next time, just let me know.
Also, I was doing my personal grocery shopping at the time, so check out the goods in my cart!
1. I LOVE this coconut oil spray. So good for making egg crepes/omelets/frittatas that don't stick to the pan. I also love spraying this on popcorn and dusting it in cinnamon sugar for an easy late night snack.
2. I kid you not, when I went to pick this up in the store, the lady next to me said that she loved it too!.While this doesn't have the meltability factor of some other nut butters, I love this best for snacks with fruit, rice cakes, or toast or mixed into yogurt for breakfast. Or you know, straight from the jar.
3. I kid you not, if you have not tried cashew butter before, it might just change your life. This definitely has the meltability factor I love. I drizzle this bad boy on my oatmeal.
4. This is one of my newest finds/loves at TJ's. I grew up eating pickled beets from the Amish market as a kid and these are pretty darn close. For less than $2, I use these constantly as a salad topping or in a falafel sandwich. I ruined a shirt from the vinaigrette, but it was totally worth it.
5. I keep a bag of these babies in my pantry at all times. So good to add to salads/pastas/curries when fresh tomatoes are out of season. I love that they're not packaged in oil, so they taste SO fresh.
6. I have an addiction to Sriracha (coming clean here) so I love pulling this out when I want a spicy kick, but something a little different. If you love cilantro and spice, you will LOVE this. I pretty much lather this on everything.
7. This bread is my go to bread! With 5 grams of protein per serving, this makes me FULL without giving me that post-carb bloatedness. Plus, who doesn't love a super seedy bread with a ton of texture? Aliens, that is who.
8. This is everything I want a salsa to be. It's VERY spicy (cause I love it spicy) and not too tomato-y. Delicious with chips, mixed into avocado mash, or over top of burrito bowls.
9. These tortilla chips have the BEST texture. I love the crunch of the flaxseeds in these babies. I love to crush them up and top them with fried eggs and salsa, or dip em in hummus.
10. These pita chips are better than another brand of pita chips you may know and love, in my personal opinion. I love serving these on the sides of my salads or dipping them in the classic hummus.
11. I normally don't eat prepackaged frozen dinners like this, but when I need to, I ALWAYS have one of these in my freezer. Minimal ingredients I can't understand, it is delicious with some naan or rice (actually let's make that naan AND rice)
12. I probably eat at least one of these a day. So basically they're vitamins. Salty and sweet and crunchy and creamy, these hit all of the cravings buttons for me.
13. As my friends can attest, I have a slight addiction to graham crackers. These bad boys are THICK and cinnamon-y. Perfect with some peanut butter or crumbled over ice cream/yogurt. They also make the best ice cream sandwich-ers.
14. I bought these because of a blogger recommendation. These are the kind of things that you at first think are going to taste disgusting but are actually pretty delicious. The jelly inside of the chocolate coating is so soft and not chewy, it is incredible. It reminds me of my favorite Scandinavian gummy candies. My sister is ADDICTED to these.
15. These + goat cheese = best snack ever.
16. My mom used to buy similar crackers when I was a kid, so these take me back to my childhood. I love them with tuna salad, chickpea salad, or crushed up over vegetable soup.
17. Normally I eat these babies for dessert with some fresh fruit and granola. Basically like eating the inside of a coconut cream pie. How can you go wrong?
18. I might have an addicition to greek yogurt, but, luckily for you (and me!) Trader Joe's helps me feed my obsession. Their nonfat greek yogurt is in my fridge at all times. I use it to top curries, swirl into soups, and eat for breakfast in one form or another almost every day.
19. Now I know I can buy all of these things separately, but why would I when Trader Joe's puts them all in this cute little bag? I keep this at my work desk and sprinkle it on my yogurt or oatmeal for a lovely crunch.
20. I love Trader Joe's brand of almond milk, but they used to only have sweetened plain or unsweetened vanilla. And, if you never done this, this is my personal PSA to NOT cook savory things with vanilla almond milk. However, when they released this unsweetened plain almond milk, I was so incredibly happy. I use this both for things like smoothies and chia puddings, or in savory dishes when I need to up the cream factor.
21. As a self proclaimed cereal addict, I have pretty much tried and dabbled in ALL of Trader Joe's granola flavors. This one, though, is the one I come back to time and time again. Perfect in trail mix or in a puddle of almond milk with fresh berries.
22. While I eat like a vegetarian most of the time, I do like to indulge occasionally with some fish. I tried these on a whim and these lox are the best I have found, especially because of my love affair with a good Jewish deli. Perfect on top of salads or on a bagel.
23. This and what my friends like to call "The Goat Wine" are my two favorite bottles of rose at Trader Joe's. Both of the bottles are just $7 (insert prayer emoji) and are delicious with spicy food. I always have a bottle in my pantry for the spontaneous gathering (or you know, for that rough day)
24. One of my friends and I trade candy from our respective home towns when we see each other. I always give her salt water taffy and she always gives me these delicious mango lollipops covered in chile powder and salt. When I run out, these never fail to satisfy my cravings.
25. I usually top my oatmeal or yogurt with these babies, but that doesn't stop me from eating them straight from the bag. So yummy and crunchy and coconut-y. It's like a trip to the beach without the sunburn.
26, I have to be truthful with you guys that I legit teared up when these went out of stock for a little. This, along with the sesame honey cashews, are the best snacks on their own or (my personal fav) mixing with popcorn.
27. I legit have a bowl of popcorn with salt almost every night as a snack, so I always make sure to have a bag of popcorn in my pantry. I like to pop it in a brown paper bag and top it with whatever I please!
That's all I have for you guys today. I most definitely forgot some of my other favs, so expect another post like this in the near future. I don't know about you, but I love to see what other people buy. It gives me ideas about how to spend my money (both a blessing and a curse). What are some of your favorite products? Leave a comment below!
23. Recent Grad. Human Vegetable Disposal. Putting the Chic in Chickpea.